All hats are different because all heads are different. We choose to make a hat that looks and fits great no matter who you are!
First up - a little terminology :
1) STRUCTURED vs. UNSTRUCTURED vs FOAM.
- Structured hats contain a thick, semi rigid, embroiderable backing behind the front of the cap. It holds the surface in such a way as to prevent embroidered designs from "puckering" and warping. These are GREAT for hats requiring patches, as well!
- Unstructured hats have very soft, flexible fronts. These are great for screen printing as well as ironed-on patches.
- Foam front "Trucker" style hats feature a soft foam - hence the name - and are outstanding in terms of detail and color in the designs that can be printed on them.
2) HOOK & LOOP CLOSURE vs. SNAP CLOSURE
- The typical Hook & Loop closure features a soft strip of fabric covered with little tiny loops of thread which meshes together with another fabric strip featuring thousands of little tiny hooks. An example of this type of closure is known as "Velcro®" - but we choose to use a different brand.
- Snap Closures feature strips of plastic pegs which fit into opposing strips with little holes. Commonly known as a "Snapback", as well.
- Some of our signature hats - our Foam Front Trucker hats, for instance - feature a braided rope which extends across the front of the hat. This is a purely decorative addition, but it really gives a great retro look!